Saturday 21 January 2017

Children among those taken to hospital after fire breaks out in apartment block

Ryan Nugent

Published 22/03/2016 | 06:18

Stock picture
Stock picture

A NUMBER of people including children have been taken to hospital after being trapped in an apartment block which went on fire in Dublin last night.

  • Go To

The incident happened shortly after 11pm at the Mac Uilliam Lane apartment blocks in Fortunestown, Tallaght.

Up to five people were taken to hospital after the incident but their injuries are not believed to be serious.

It is believed that rubbish bags on the communal stairwell on the second floor of the apartment block caught fire.

The people who were trapped were on the top floor of the building.

One fire brigade and three national ambulances attended the scene, with the firefighters still on the scene in the early hours of the morning.

The injured were taken to Tallaght Hospital where they are receiving treatment.

Online Editors

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News