Irish News

Saturday 12 July 2014

Mother's agony as nut allergy girl dies

Published 20/12/2013|02:30

  • Share

A HEARTBROKEN mother has told how her daughter died on the street from an allergic reaction to a restaurant sauce.

  • Share
  • Go To

Emma Sloan (14) mistakenly ate a nut-based sauce while out for dinner with her family on Wednesday night. She did not have her 'epipen' injection device, usually carried by people with severe allergies.

A pharmacist refused to give an adrenaline injection without a prescription and the teenager collapsed and died on O'Connell Street, Dublin.

Her mother Caroline told the Irish Independent: "I was told to bring Emma to an A&E. My daughter died on a street corner with a crowd around her. How could a peanut kill my child?"

Irish Independent

Read More

Classifieds

CarsIreland

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet, chat and connect with
singles in your area

Independent Shopping.ie

Meet Singles Now

Findajob

Apps

Now available on

Editors Choice

Also in this section