Friday 30 September 2016

Missing man 'who failed to return to camper van' found safe and well

Greg Harkin

Published 14/09/2015 | 11:05

(Stock photo)
(Stock photo)

A Belfast man who was missing overnight in Co Donegal has turned up safe and well, say Coast Guard officials.

  • Go To

A search and rescue helicopter and RNLI crews had spent last night searching for the 58-year-old after he failed to return to his Volksvagen camper van at Malin Head.

However the man, who has walking difficulties, had been unable to return to his van last night due to the steep gradient leading to the viewing point at Banba's Crown.

"It appears at this stage that he spent the night sleeping in a ditch," said Malin Head Coast Guard official Darragh O'Malley-Daly.

He said the alarm was raised as the keys to the vehicle were still inside it when the investigation was launched yesterday.

Online Editors

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News