Man rushed to hospital after suspected electrocution at industrial plant
Published 09/03/2016 | 14:28
A MAN was seriously injured after apparently being electrocuted while working at an industrial plant in Cork.
The 38 year old was electrocuted while working near large turbine-type machinery at a factory outside Mitchelstown, Co Cork this morning at around 10am.
It is unclear how the accident occurred but one suggestion is that a metal spanner being used by the man may have inadvertantly come in contact with a live electrical source.
Other workers raced to aid the man after the freak accident occurred.
Gardaí and paramedics were immediately alerted.
He was treated at the scene before being rushed to Cork University Hospital (CUH).
The man's condition is understood to be very serious.
In accordance with standard workplace regulations, an investigation into the matter will be conducted by the Health & Safety Authority (HSA).
The accident scene was sealed off to allow for the investigation into the tragic accident.