Man in hospital after explosion at home
A 68-year-old man was recovering in hospital today after an explosion at his rural house.
Emergency services were called to the scene in the Cloonbara area of Falcarragh, Co Donegal, at about 10pm last night.
The pensioner was rushed to Letterkenny General Hospital and later transferred to St James's Hospital in Dublin, which treats burns patients.
His injuries are not life-threatening.
The house, which was was extensively damaged, remains sealed off for a technical examination.
Gardai said the cause of the explosion was a suspected gas appliance and it is not thought to be suspicious.
A spokeswoman for Bord Gais confirmed there was no natural gas in Co Donegal.