News Irish News

Tuesday 30 May 2017

Man critically ill following choking incident at top-rated seaside restaurant

(Stock image)
(Stock image)
Independent.ie Newsdesk

Independent.ie Newsdesk

A man was last night critically ill in Coleraine's Causeway Hospital after apparently choking on food at one of Northern Ireland's top restaurants.

It is understood he was taken ill at the Ramore restaurant complex in Portrush on Friday night.

An Ambulance Service spokesman said: "There was an obstruction in the airway.

"The crew arrived and cleared the airway.

"They got him round and brought him to Causeway Hospital."

Ramore Restaurants did not respond to a request for comment.

Belfast Telegraph

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News