Key details that made McNeice best-paid union official in land
• Mr McNeice's basic salary in 2003 was €250,000.
• Package included 30pc performance bonus, 33pc bonus for exceptional performance and a defined benefit pension.
• Terms allowed him to retire anytime between age 52 and 55 with three years' salary.
• Part of the bonuses later became part of core salary.
• In 2008, his basic salary had risen to €493,000.
• His salary was frozen in 2008, with the proviso bonuses could be paid retrospectively.
• If he had not retired last year, his salary in 2013 would have been €550,000-€560,000.
• His 2012 retirement package is worth almost €10m.
• The package includes a €1.5m lump sum, a pension fund of €4.5m and payments to be made each year for 16 years worth €3.6m.