WIN YOUR PLACE AT RUGBY WORLD CUP 2015
Published 03/07/2015 | 16:56
Lead Ireland onto the pitch with Emirates’ Rugby World Cup 2015 Flag Bearer competition
Emirates, Worldwide Partner of Rugby World Cup 2015, in association with the Irish Independent and Visit England is offering two teens, aged between 14 and 16, the opportunity to travel to the Ireland V Italy game at The Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and carry the country’s match flags onto the pitch in front of 50,000 fans and millions of television viewers, from all over the world.
Each winner, along with a parent or guardian, will head to London to see Ireland take on Italy on 4th October and play their part in this much-anticipated Pool D game by acting as Flag Bearer, leading the teams onto the pitch.
Emirates connects customers from Ireland to thrilling sporting events and over 140 exciting destinations, twice daily from Dublin.
For your chance to win, all you have to do is collect 8 tokens from Monday July 6th to Saturday July 18th. Simply collect 8 uniquely numbered tokens and send them in with your entry form. Tokens will be printed daily on page 2 of the Irish Independent and entry forms will appear on Monday, Wednesday and Friday only throughout the duration of the promotion.
Post your completed entry forms with 8 tokens to Emirates’ Flag Bearer Competition, P.O. Box 11, Irish Independent News & Media, Independent House, 27-32 Talbot St, Dublin 1. You may submit more than one entry in one envelope, provided that there is a separate entry form and 8 token attached per each entry required.
Answer the question found on the entry form correctly and complete the tie – breaker and send along with 8 tokens on or before Friday, July 24th at 5pm.
Term and conditions Apply
1. The competition will run in the Irish Independent and Weekend Independent from Monday, 6 July until Saturday, 18 July 2015. Details of the competition will also be published online at www.independent.ie /emiratesflagbearercomp
2. To enter, entrants must answer the question specified on the entry form found in the Irish Independent Monday, Wednesday and/or Friday July 6th to July 17th: in 15 words or less, tell us why you would like to go to the Rugby World Cup 2015 with Emirates.
3. Post your completed entry forms with 8 tokens to Emirates Flag Bearer Competition, P.O. Box 11, Irish Independent News & Media, Independent House, 27-32 Talbot St, Dublin 1. You may submit more than one entry in one envelope, provided that there is a separate entry form and 8 token attached per each entry required. Closing date for receipt of entry is strictly Friday, July 24th at 5pm.
4. Winners will be contacted by 14 August 2015 and details will be published in the Irish Independent, along with a photo of the winners.
5. The competition is open to entrants aged 14 to 16 on October 4, 2015.
6. There are two prizes each comprising of two return Economy Class flights to London, accommodation for two persons for two nights at a minimum 3.5 Star hotel in London and two tickets to Ireland V Italy on Sunday at The Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
on 4 October 2015.
7. Each winner will be able to choose one person to accompany them who must be a parent or guardian, over the age of 18.
8. Flights will depart from Dublin on Saturday, October 3 2015, returning Monday, October 5 2015.
9. Winners will be responsible for organizing their own transport to and from Dublin Airport.
10. Transfers in London will be provided to and from the airport as well as on match day.
11. Meals and any out of pocket expenditure are the responsibility of the winner and parent / guardian.
12. The winner may be asked to take part in post-promotion publicity that may include photographs and interviews.
13. All Rugby World Cup 2015 tickets are issued subject to the RWC 2015 Ticket General Terms and Conditions ("Ticket Conditions") which apply to the possession and use of all tickets issued. A full copy of the Ticket Conditions is available at https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/staticpages/termsandconditions.aspx
14. Tickets are non-transferable except as set out in the Ticket Conditions. Tickets cannot be used for commercial or promotional purposes or resold for more than their original sale price. The winner of the prize draw will be required to sign to confirm their acceptance of the RWC 2015 Ticket Conditions.
15. Entry limited to one per person. The prizes will be for a specific day only and the winner cannot specify when they take the prize. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then Emirates and the Irish Independent reserve the right to redraw the prize.
16. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to local call charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
17. An eligible entrant must be an individual and must submit an entry in the form provided by Independent Newspapers under this promotion including their name, date of birth, address, telephone number and e-mail address of their parent or guardian.
18. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Emirates and Independent Newspapers reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions and reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
19. Competition winner and guest must have a valid passport, which allows entry into the UK.