Breeders Cup Comp Terms and Conditions
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. All entrants must review and agree to the terms and conditions that form part of these Official Rules.
2. Entries to the ULTIMATE RACING TRIP COMPETITION can be submitted from August 23rd to August 27th, 2014. Aug 30th to September 3rd. September 6th to September 10th.
Winners will be picked at random by an automated system on Thursday August 26th, September 4th and September 11th, overseen by an independent person from all valid entries received and will be notified of their winning prize before this date.
Neither correspondence nor discussion concerning any decision shall be entered into. Entries are limited to one per person. No entries from agents, third parties, organised group or applications automatically generated by a computer will be accepted. No bulk entries.
No responsibility can be taken for entry claims which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
3. Promotion is only open to residents of the Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings and children) of Leopardstown racecourse, the Breeders Cup and INM (PLC) LTD, their parent and/or affiliate companies, their agents or anyone professionally connected with this promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify entrants’ eligibility.
4. Competition Period: The “Competition Period” starts on 23 August 2014 and ends on the 13th of September, 2014. The Promoter’s computer clock is in Ireland and this is the official time clock for the entries and will be time-stamped accordingly.
5. How to Enter: Answer the question correctly and follow entry instructions which can be found in weekend magazine every Saturday.
6. Prize Description: One Prizewinner will receive two return (2) main-cabin standard economy return flights from Dublin (DUB) to Los Angeles (LAX). Flights can be changed by the prizewinner at their own cost if they wish to stay for a longer duration and must liaise directly with flight partner Cassidy Travel on 01 291 0000. Flights will depart on Thursday 30th October and return to Dublin on Sunday 2nd November. Winners must have valid passports and applicable visas/permissions. Winners must register online themselves at the US Immigration ESTA.https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/ before their trip to the USA. Flight Terms and Conditions: Flights only available to/from Dublin (DUB) to Los Angeles (LAX) route are covered, no transfer expense to these locations is included. If travel is affected by strike or other action, the promoters are not liable for expenses. Both passengers must travel together on the same flight. It is the responsibility of prizewinners to ensure they have adequate travel insurance, valid machine-readable passports, the necessary visas and required travel and health documentation to comply with travel regulations when travelling to the United States of America. All other costs and expenses, including, meals and spending money is the winner’s and guest’s own.
Winner will also receive three (3) Nights B & B at the four star Westin Pasedena Hotel from Thursday 30th October to Sunday 2nd November. A credit card or cash deposit for incidentals will be requested by the hotel at check in. If the prizewinner wants to stay on at the hotel, it is up to them to negotiate rates and book directly. Transfers to and from LAX airport to the hotel and transfer to and from the Hotel to Santa Anita park will be provided. The Breeders Cup Prize includes the following: 2 day VIP Access to the Breeders Cup at Santa Anita Park in California for Friday 1st November and Saturday 2nd November. The prize winner will receive 2 tickets to the exclusive Trophy Lounge on both Friday and Saturday, which includes private access to betting windows and tips by expert punters, souvenir photography, premium open bar and gourmet food for the entire two days. Prizewinners must note that the legal age to consume alcohol in the USA is 21 years of age. The prizewinner will also get (2) passes to The ENCLOSURE on Friday and Saturday – which is located adjacent to the walking ring/paddock where you can see the horses up close before they head out onto the racetrack (value is priceless and this prize cannot be bought!). Finally, the prizewinner will watch on of the Championship Friday races on 1st November from the Winner’s Circle (value priceless!)
7. There are no cash or other prize alternatives available, in whole or in part. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize of similar or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed by the Promoter, the prize will only be awarded directly to the winner.
8. Personal Information: By entering the promotion, you agree and acknowledge the Promoter will use your personal information to administer the promotion and to contact you in the event that you are the winner. You consent to the Promoter publishing the biographical information that you provide (except street address, telephone number, and email address) and the submitted entry in all media, including but not limited to, racecard, copy for Independent newspapers, online displays, video productions, social media and other media channels and applications, known and unknown, and for advertising, promotions and other purposes, without further consent, notification or compensation, unless otherwise where prohibited by law. Information collected from entrants will only be disclosed to third parties if they are the winner and then only to such third parties who need to know in order to enable you to receive your prize.
By entering the promotion you consent to us disclosing your personal data to such third parties notwithstanding that they may be located outside the European Economic Area in the United States of America. The Promoter will not otherwise disclose your personal information, without your prior consent or unless required by law.
9. By participating in the promotion, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Terms and Conditions and all instructions regarding this promotion, which form part of these Terms & Conditions, and the decisions of the Promoter(s), which are final and binding in all matters related to the promotion.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to amend or withdraw this promotion if circumstances arise which are beyond its reasonable control.
11. By entering the promotion you consent to be involved in all reasonable publicity connected with the Promotion, with no recompense and consent to your photograph being used in publications, newspapers, social media.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the promotion or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person deliberately to undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law and, should such an attempt be made, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Promoter’s failure to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove and disqualify any entry that does not adhere to these Official Rules.
14. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, from any entrant’s participation in the promotion or from any prize.
15. The promoters do not accept liability for any loss or damage arising from the promotion or awarding of the Ultimate Racing prize.
16. Any potential prizewinner and his / her proposed guest will be required to sign a prize acceptance/ release form in order to be eligible to accept the prize.
17. The supplier of the prize is Leopardstown Race Course & The Breeders Cup . Independent Newspapers (Ireland) Limited trading as the Evening Herald/Irish Independent/Sunday Independent is the promoter of the competition but will not be responsible for the supply of the prize. Independent Newspapers (Ireland) Limited will not accept liability for the supply of the prize or in the event of a dispute between the winner and Horse Racing Ireland & The Breeders Cup.
18. Promoter of competition:
INM (PLC) LTD
27 – 32 Talbot St