News Irish News

Sunday 4 December 2016

Ireland's €66m Euromillions winner makes contact with the National Lottery

Published 01/02/2016 | 20:20

THE Irish winner of €66m in last week's Euromillions draw has made contact with the National Lottery this evening.

  • Go To

It is not yet clear who it was that won the country’s fourth biggest ever lottery win on Friday night.

However, the National Lottery has confirmed that they have been contacted by the winner and offered them preliminary advice.

A shopkeeper who sold a €94m winning Euromillions ticket is warning that we may never know who Ireland’s newest millionaire is.

Susan Barry’s Mace shop in Beaumont, Dublin, sold a €94m jackpot winner in June 2013.

However, Ms Barry has warned that the winner has never revealed themselves to the public and we could be left waiting once again.

“We weren’t told anything at the time or even what kind of a ticket it was so that they could protect his anonymity,” she said.

“I wouldn’t come out and say it,” she added.

“We weren’t too worried about him coming forward unless he was going to share it with us.”

Online Editors

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News