Gardai and the Irish Medicines Board are appealing for the recovery of a “very poisonous substances” taken during a burglary in a veterinary clinic.
Some 15ml of a drug called ‘pentobarbital’ was taken during the course of a burglary at the Veterinary Clinic in Celbridge, Co Kildare.
The theft occurred somewhere between 8.30pm on November 5th and 5pm on November 6th.
A number of items were taken during the theft.
One of the items was a product called ‘Release’ which contains a very poisonous substance called pentobarbital.
This is a toxic substance and not intended for human consumption, gardai have warned.
The product was contained in a clear 100ml glass bottle with an orange and white label with the words ‘Release’ written in block capitals across the label.
It is understood there was only 15ml of the product in the bottle when it was taken.
Both gardai and the Irish Medicines Board (IMB) are anxious that this is item is recovered urgently.
They have also advised that if anyone has consumed this product, they should seek immediate medical assistance, and contact the Poisons Unit at Beaumont Hospital.
Anybody with information is asked to contact gardai in Leixlip on 01 666 7800 or the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111.