News Irish News

Saturday 25 February 2017

Food safety authority closes eight restaurants

EIGHT ethnic restaurants were forced to close last month because of serious food safety concerns.

China Buffet King in Dundrum Town Centre; Alis takeaway on Main Street, Enniscrone, Co Sligo; Treacy's Indiana, the Square, Kilkelly, Co Mayo, and Bombay Spice, South Circular Road, Dublin 8, were served with closure orders in September which remain in force.

Punjab Balti, Ranelagh, Dublin 6; Happy Chan Takeaway, McCurtain Street, Fermoy, Co Cork; Bella Bia, Dublin Road, Ballinagh, Co Cavan and Ruby King Chinese restaurant in Roscommon Business Park, also received closure orders, but these were lifted within days when the problems were rectified.

The Food Safety Authority of Ireland Chief Executive Alan Reilly said they were conscious of the diverse backgrounds of employees in the food industry.

"Most food businesses are committed to high standards but there still remains a small number who continue to defy the law and are complacent when it comes to food safety and hygiene," he said.

Irish Independent

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News