Father-of-one (62) died within 30 minutes of wasp sting
Published 03/10/2015 | 11:58
A 62-year-old man collapsed and died within half an hour of being stung on the lip by a wasp.
Fergus McGill (62), a father-of-one, from Convoy in Donegal died on Thursday afternoon, soon after he entered the White Horse Inn in the town.
The retired mechanic ordered a drink in the pub but he collapsed soon afterwards.
The local doctor came to the man’s aid soon after he collapsed. Paramedics also arrived on scene to help revive him.
Mr McGill had complained of being stung by a wasp before he collapsed.
His death has come as a shock to the town, local councillor Liam Doherty said.
“He would have had underlying health issues, but he was active, he was always out and about in the town.”
“It was a big shock. He was well liked, he was well known. You’d often see him walking in the town.”
“Hopefully it will make people aware that you can die from a wasp sting. To me, this might make people more aware of carrying an epipen. ”