THERE'S value aplenty to be had for any new millionaire. Armed with €16.4m, the shopping list could include ...
- For those with a yearning to get back to nature, there's Cape View House, which offers panoramic views of Fastnet Rock and the seas at Goleen in west Cork. The six-bedroom property, built in the early 1800s, is on the market with a guide price of €1.4m.
- A luxurious property on the salubrious Ailesbury Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, could be bought for €2.5m -- a snip compared to the height of the boom.
- For those hankering after a bit more land, there's the Township Trust builder Niall Mellon's 242-acre estate in Coolmore, Thomastown, Co Kilkenny, which is now on the market for €3.75m.
- For others there's the lure of a luxury car -- with the new Audi A7 coming in at €66,900.
- There's also plenty of value to be had on the helicopter market with many of the Celtic Tiger cubs now mothballing theirs.
... and that €16.4m would get you plenty of top notch nosh in boutique supermarket Donnybrook Fair. It would pay for more than 205,000 bottles of the Ogier Cote Rotie wine priced at €79.95, or 2.7 million packets of organic muesli priced €5.99, or 1.7 million pots of chicken terrine at €9.25.