1. The promotion is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland aged 18 years or over except employees of the Promoter, Volvo Car Ireland Ltd, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. The promoters are Independent Newspapers (Ireland) Limited and Volvo Car Ireland Limited.
3. The prize is a 2014 Volvo V40 Cross Country D2 SE which comes with a 3 year warranty and 2 year’s roadside assistance. This has a retail valuation of €30,595, no additional options are included.
4. Model shown in promotional material is for illustrated purposes only. Colour depends on stock availability.
5. There is no cash or alternative for the prize which if not accepted on the terms and conditions herein contained shall be deemed withdrawn.
6. Registration costs, VAT, VRT, delivery cost are paid by Volvo Car Ireland Limited.
7. Road Tax and Insurance are the full responsibility of the winner of the promotion.
8. No warranty will be given by Independent Newspapers in relation to the title, or condition of the Car.
9. To enter the promotion, entrants must submit a completed entry form together with 8 valid tokens to Win an New Volvo V40 Cross Country Promotion, PO Box 11, 27-32 Talbot St., Dublin 1 to arrive no later than Friday, March 21st @ 5pm. Entries will not be accepted at Volvo offices or any location other than the address specified. No responsibility will be accepted for entries delivered to Volvo offices.
10. Entry forms will be published in the Sunday Independent each Sunday and in the Irish Independent every Wednesday and Thursday. Valid tokens will be printed in the Irish Independent and Sunday Independent from Sunday February 23rd until Saturday March 15, 2014. One bonus token can be included per entry which are available on volvocars.ie or Facebook.com/independent.ie
11. Closing date for receipt of entries by the Promoter is Friday, March 21st @5pm.
12. Responsibility will not be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries will become the property of the Promoter.
13. All prizes will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the supplier of the prize to the Promoter.
14. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise caused by the acceptance of the terms and conditions or in connection with the prize.
15. The winner will be the person who has answered the question on the entry form correctly and in the opinion of the judges completes the tiebreaker in the most original way. The decision of the Judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The panel of judges will include at least one member who is independent of the Promoter. The winners will be notified by phone call week commencing April 14th. The winner must claim the prize within 1 month of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the Promotion rules.
16. In the event that the judging panel is undecided as to the sole winner, or there is no unique name entered, the promoter reserves the right to run a further final stage of the competition in such manner and format as it may in its sole discretion determine.
17. The winner’s details (name and county) will be made available on request to those writing to Win a New Volvo V40 Cross Country Promotion, PO Box 11, 27-32 Talbot St., Dublin 1 within ten weeks after the closing date, enclosing a stamped self addressed envelope.
18. The winner will have to participate in unpaid publicity arising from this promotion.
19. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
20. Incomplete or illegible entries will not be accepted. Original tokens only, no photocopies will be accepted.
21. By entering the promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of the personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and for any other purpose to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions.
23. Prizes are non transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
24. These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the Courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
25. Promoter and Data Controller: Independent Newspapers, Independent House, 27-32 Talbot St, Dublin 1.