Barristers for former junior minister Ivor Callely have requested more evidence from prosecutors in connection with allegations he made false claims for mobile phones while a serving politician.
The former TD and Senator, who has been at the centre of an investigation over expenses claims for at least two years, faces six charges of submitting bogus invoices for mobile phone handsets over the course of three years.
The alleged offences date from November 2007, February 2008 and September to December 2009.
Callely sat at the back of the packed Dublin Circuit Court with a friend as he waited for his case to be called on the list of first mentions.
His barrister, John Moher, told Judge Mary Ellen Ring that a request for disclosure had been sent to prosecutors. "It's quite a detailed request and listed a number of items," he said. "In those circumstances I would ask if a second mention would be at all possible."
Dominic McGinn, senior counsel for the Director of Public Prosecutions, said he had no objection to the application and adjournment.
Videos of the accused's interviews with gardai were also handed over to Callely's solicitor at the back of the courtroom.
Callely, who was dressed in a navy pinstriped suit and red tie, was granted continuing bail until July 10. No plea has been entered by the 54-year-old.
The former Fianna Fail representative, who lives at St Lawrence Road, Clontarf, north Dublin, was arrested at his office in nearby Killester in April. If convicted, Callely could face a fine or up to 10 years in prison. He is charged under section 26 of the Theft and Fraud Offences Act 2001.
Callely is accused of using false invoices submitted to Leinster House officials in a bid to claim the cost of new mobile phone handsets while a member of the Oireachtas. The former minister resigned from the Seanad and Fianna Fail in 2010.