Events leading up to accident
Published 17/03/2011 | 05:00
l 8.10am: Flight takes off from Belfast Airport for Cork Airport.
- 8.48am: Flight contacts Cork Approach Control.
- 9.03am: First landing attempt is missed.
- 9.14am: Second landing attempt is missed.
- 9.15am: Crew requests to enter holding pattern for 15 to 20 minutes to see if weather will improve. Flight crew requests weather reports. Visibility in Waterford and Shannon airports was not good enough to land but was clear at Kerry Airport.
- 9.32am: Weather improves.
- 9.46am: Third landing attempt before plane rolls to the right and right wing clips runway, forcing plane to invert and leave runway. Engines burst into flames.