Local Election: Share of Elected Seats
Areas reported: 136 of 137
Voter Turnout: 52% (in reported areas)
Seats Left to be Filled: 6
Election 2014 on Twitter
County by County Updates
- Thomas Byrne could seek recount if battle with Pat The Cope gets tight
- Independent Diarmuid O’Flynn eliminated from Ireland South race...
- Sitting MEP Phil Prendergast loses her seat
- Sitting MEP Jim Higgins eliminated from Midlands North West count
- Fingal County council: Final counts filled overnight
- Wexford Electoral area: Browne & Carthy Elections transform count...
- Ireland Midlands North-West update: first count expected at 3pm
- Mayo latest: Mayo recounts underway
- Limerick County Council latest: FG cllr takes fourth last seat
- Fingal County Council: Recount underway for Swords ward
- Count finishes for Donegal County Council - FF remains biggest party
- Kildare County Council count finishes - 12 FF, 9 FG, 9 Ind, 5 Lab, 5SF
- Latest from Longford: Recount called after sixth count in Granard ward
- Limerick: Former FF National Executive member who failed to secure party...
- Sligo: Final result in Sligo electoral area
- Mayo: Second area completes count
- Donegal: Marathon count for Letterkenny heads for midnight
Count Centre Explained
Election 2014: Latest News
Burton begins push by targeting 'high earners'
JOAN Burton has appealed to Labour members by suggesting she will clamp down on tax breaks for high earners if elected leader
Standing room only as candidates fight for space on plinth
DEPUTY leader candidates...
Why suddenly all is changed, changed utterly, on the contentious issue of medical cards
County by County Updates
- Limerick: Counting finally begins in Adare Rathkeale electoral area
- Sligo: Second recount starts in Ballymote/Tubbercurry
- Kilkenny: Recount to take place tomorrow for Castlecomer Electoral...
- Limerick: Third AAA candidate elected
- Carlow: How the 2009 electorate voted
- Limerick: Recount underway in one of Limerick's six electoral areas
- Carlow: Election count comes to a close
- Donegal: Difficult day for Fine Gael in the Glenties
- Donegal: Six seats filled in Stranorlar Electoral Area
- Kerry: Sinn Fein win another seat on county council
- Kildare: O'Rourke (FF) first and only candidate elected in Celbridge...
- Donegal: Councillor investigated for double expenses claims loses seat
- Roscommon: Fianna Fail bounce back
- Letterkenny: First count summary
- Limerick: New political landscape much younger and diverse
- Monaghan: Fine Gael take a serious hit
- Waterford: Wyse become's one of the country's youngest new councillors
Emergency services rush to nine-car pile-up in Dublin
A nine-car pile-up occurred this afternoon in Dublin.
Garda injured as he arrested man with 'gun' in pub
A WEXFORD garda was injured during an arrest of a man...
Farmer claims €1m Lotto prize after leaving winning ticket in his unlocked car overnight
A West of Ireland farmer...
16 people to be charged in relation to suspected organised fraudulent motor insurance injury claims
Engineers to construct Irish bridge entirely from Meccano
What it says in the papers
'People have died' due to the lack of ambulances
President marks Tree Week with pupils
Foley is famed in gangland for surviving murder attempts
McDonald: I will be backing abortion motion
Sinn Féin deputy leader Mary Lou McDonald has put pressure on some of her...
Fine Gael not keen on Labour proposal to shorten bankruptcy
Labour wants to cut the duration of bankruptcy...
Emigrant vote plan deferred - minister
A proposal to extend the right to vote to Irish emigrants would be "difficult to...
IBEC address: Self-employed tax cuts signalled for Budget
Bill to bring half-a-million children 'out of the cold'
Special Dáil unit to cost promises won't be in place by election time
Skilled politicians who upset big parties
Big campaign independent could really stir things up
Burton calls out Adams for one-to-one policy debate
Man jailed after he threatened to 'chop up' sister and her family
A man who threatened to “chop up” his sister and...
Judge warns child's brain damage could have been avoided
SIGNIFICANT brain damage to a baby could have been...
Girls apologise for getting involved in riot which led to couple being attacked after they defended gay son from teen gang's...
Seven men accused of IRA membership go on trial
NCT inspector sacked after passing his own vehicles three times
Judge refuses €13,500 settlement offer to student (16) who was struck on the head by electronic frame in store
Couple and five children given seven days to vacate €500-a-week rented home
Ian Bailey case: Detective sergeant unaware of attempt to get Marie Farrell to make statements that 'morphed' her descriptions of a man into Ian Bailey
No crock of gold at the end of Vico Road rainbow for O'Donnells
Doctor: A&E like 'Guantanamo' for elderly patients
CONDITIONS in the emergency department of one of the...
Minister's plain packaging bill is sent to President
Children's Minister James Reilly says he is prepared for a series of legal challenges...
A European first: Ireland passes laws banning branded cigarette packets
IRELAND has become the first country in Europe to pass...
Half of 'bed blockers' needing nursing home caught in HSE red tape
'Miraculous' stem cell treatment may reverse multiple sclerosis
Only 50pc of ambulances on time in the West
Is it time for rethink on Fair Deal?
Nearly 300 face recall over 'faulty' bowel cancer tests
New bid to secure free GP care deal
Classroom Confidential with fashion designer Emma Manley - "I was the one who caused a bit of trouble"
Junior Cert row rumbles on as O'Sullivan rebuffs union bid for trade-off
The stand-off between Education Minister Jan...
In my opinion: Recovery must see the return of 'ring-fenced' guidance counselling
Now that we are told that...