Local Election: Share of Elected Seats
Areas reported: 136 of 137
Voter Turnout: 52% (in reported areas)
Seats Left to be Filled: 6
Election 2014 on Twitter
County by County Updates
- Thomas Byrne could seek recount if battle with Pat The Cope gets tight
- Independent Diarmuid O’Flynn eliminated from Ireland South race...
- Sitting MEP Phil Prendergast loses her seat
- Sitting MEP Jim Higgins eliminated from Midlands North West count
- Fingal County council: Final counts filled overnight
- Wexford Electoral area: Browne & Carthy Elections transform count...
- Ireland Midlands North-West update: first count expected at 3pm
- Mayo latest: Mayo recounts underway
- Limerick County Council latest: FG cllr takes fourth last seat
- Fingal County Council: Recount underway for Swords ward
- Count finishes for Donegal County Council - FF remains biggest party
- Kildare County Council count finishes - 12 FF, 9 FG, 9 Ind, 5 Lab, 5SF
- Latest from Longford: Recount called after sixth count in Granard ward
- Limerick: Former FF National Executive member who failed to secure party...
- Sligo: Final result in Sligo electoral area
- Mayo: Second area completes count
- Donegal: Marathon count for Letterkenny heads for midnight
Count Centre Explained
Election 2014: Latest News
Fianna Fáil to increase attacks on Government after Aylward victory
Fianna Fáil will increase attacks on what it calls the Government's failure to...
Renua takes chunk out of Fine Gael support
Lucinda Creighton's Renua put a huge dent in Fine Gael's...
Burton begins push by targeting 'high earners'
JOAN Burton has appealed to Labour members by...
County by County Updates
- Limerick: Counting finally begins in Adare Rathkeale electoral area
- Sligo: Second recount starts in Ballymote/Tubbercurry
- Kilkenny: Recount to take place tomorrow for Castlecomer Electoral...
- Limerick: Third AAA candidate elected
- Carlow: How the 2009 electorate voted
- Limerick: Recount underway in one of Limerick's six electoral areas
- Carlow: Election count comes to a close
- Donegal: Difficult day for Fine Gael in the Glenties
- Donegal: Six seats filled in Stranorlar Electoral Area
- Kerry: Sinn Fein win another seat on county council
- Kildare: O'Rourke (FF) first and only candidate elected in Celbridge...
- Donegal: Councillor investigated for double expenses claims loses seat
- Roscommon: Fianna Fail bounce back
- Letterkenny: First count summary
- Limerick: New political landscape much younger and diverse
- Monaghan: Fine Gael take a serious hit
- Waterford: Wyse become's one of the country's youngest new councillors
€80m fund in place to improve town centres
Local authorities will be given an €80m fund to rejuvenate urban areas.
File is sent to DPP on alleged animal cruelty
Three people arrested in connection with alleged animal cruelty were last...
Dozens trafficked into Ireland for labour and sex exploitation
At least 46 people were trafficked into Ireland for...
[TICON-A VIDEO] Galway Races begin on wave of emotion as Ruby's kids cheer on dad
New legislation on adoption allows birth parents to opt out
Husband killed wife then drove head-on into traffic
Ireland to hand tens of thousands of adopted people birth records for first time
Enda Kenny's first director of elections joins Lucinda Creighton's Renua party
Twelve people rushed to hospital after 'carbon monoxide leak'
No role for royals: 1916 events to be strictly 'Irish only' affair
Irish based ambassadors will be the highest level of...
Labour claims Sinn Féin plans would hike taxes
Sinn Féin has been accused of making...
The rise of Independents continues
Almost one in three voters would back an Independent candidate in the next...
Eoghan Harris: Both civility and courage are needed in Irish politics
'Ashbourne Annie' key to Labour vote
Gene Kerrigan: Ibec gives a handbagging to workers on the minimum wage
TDs fork out €12,000 on fine porcelain imported from UAE
Security should override privacy concerns, says Flanagan
Labour targets 'Ashbourne Annie' to win election
Phone giants fined for overcharging that left vulnerable customers ‘petrified’
EIRCOM and Vodafone have...
Doctor guilty of poor performance over care of baby
A paediatrician who told the parents of a seriously ill...
Murder accused told gardaí victim was 'evil to me'
A retired army private accused of murdering a...
Patient should have been told hysterectomy 'not designed to correct' urinary incontinence - fitness to practise inquiry
South Dublin murder trial hears accused allegedly sent text to friend saying: 'I think I murdered someone'
Anglo employee was 'basically a form of gopher', trial told
Phoenix magazine to appeal judge's refusal to disqualify himself from hearing contempt proceedings
Man assaulted two women during botched robbery in Dublin 4 hotel, court told
Luas driver saw burglar break into apartment near tram stop and alerted gardai, court told
An earlier intervention would have helped me keep my foot
Having already undergone an amputation on part of his...
Half callers to helpline abused as children
More than half of all adults who phoned a State-funded counselling service said...
Record eight diabetes patients a week lose a lower limb to amputation
A record eight people a week with diabetes are having...
It's no country for old people when society makes them feel like a burden
Irish study to find best way to quit smoking for good
Brendan O’Connor: HSE denies tetraplegic girl (10) right to go to the toilet
Guilt, regret and pragmatism - Irish women and their abortions
Inedible hospital food putting patients at risk
Resident of nursing home dies in 11-bed ward
Student housing crisis set to worsen
Cash-strapped college students face another year of long commutes, couch-surfing...
Parents are stressed out as back-to-school costs hit home
One-third of parents are stressed due to financial...
High-powered panel to review gender equality in education
Former European Commissioner Máire Geoghegan-...