Local Election: Share of Elected Seats
Areas reported: 136 of 137
Voter Turnout: 52% (in reported areas)
Seats Left to be Filled: 6
Election 2014 on Twitter
County by County Updates
- Thomas Byrne could seek recount if battle with Pat The Cope gets tight
- Independent Diarmuid O’Flynn eliminated from Ireland South race...
- Sitting MEP Phil Prendergast loses her seat
- Sitting MEP Jim Higgins eliminated from Midlands North West count
- Fingal County council: Final counts filled overnight
- Wexford Electoral area: Browne & Carthy Elections transform count...
- Ireland Midlands North-West update: first count expected at 3pm
- Mayo latest: Mayo recounts underway
- Limerick County Council latest: FG cllr takes fourth last seat
- Fingal County Council: Recount underway for Swords ward
- Count finishes for Donegal County Council - FF remains biggest party
- Kildare County Council count finishes - 12 FF, 9 FG, 9 Ind, 5 Lab, 5SF
- Latest from Longford: Recount called after sixth count in Granard ward
- Limerick: Former FF National Executive member who failed to secure party...
- Sligo: Final result in Sligo electoral area
- Mayo: Second area completes count
- Donegal: Marathon count for Letterkenny heads for midnight
Count Centre Explained
Election 2014: Latest News
Fianna Fáil to increase attacks on Government after Aylward victory
Fianna Fáil will increase attacks on what it calls the Government's failure to...
Renua takes chunk out of Fine Gael support
Lucinda Creighton's Renua put a huge dent in Fine Gael's...
Burton begins push by targeting 'high earners'
JOAN Burton has appealed to Labour members by...
County by County Updates
- Limerick: Counting finally begins in Adare Rathkeale electoral area
- Sligo: Second recount starts in Ballymote/Tubbercurry
- Kilkenny: Recount to take place tomorrow for Castlecomer Electoral...
- Limerick: Third AAA candidate elected
- Carlow: How the 2009 electorate voted
- Limerick: Recount underway in one of Limerick's six electoral areas
- Carlow: Election count comes to a close
- Donegal: Difficult day for Fine Gael in the Glenties
- Donegal: Six seats filled in Stranorlar Electoral Area
- Kerry: Sinn Fein win another seat on county council
- Kildare: O'Rourke (FF) first and only candidate elected in Celbridge...
- Donegal: Councillor investigated for double expenses claims loses seat
- Roscommon: Fianna Fail bounce back
- Letterkenny: First count summary
- Limerick: New political landscape much younger and diverse
- Monaghan: Fine Gael take a serious hit
- Waterford: Wyse become's one of the country's youngest new councillors
Bird of prey adopted by Irish school shot dead
A bird of prey that had been 'adopted' by a Co Antrim school has been shot and...
Three flee in taxi after robbing man in early hours
Gardai are appealing for information after a man was assaulted and robbed in...
Insurance company Blue to create 100 new jobs in Dublin-based office
Blue Insurance will create 100 jobs over the next two...
[TICON-A VIDEO] 'My child might be better off an orphan' - Lone parents protest welfare cuts
Arrests following two brutal stabbings in Dublin at weekend
Garda chief to appear in front of Dail committee to discuss policing of chaotic protest
Three arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after stabbing
Lowest level of fatalities on Irish roads since record low in 2012
What it says in the papers
Cahill criticises Senator Crown over remarks on her use of social media
IRA rape victim Mairia Cahill has criticised an...
Noonan under pressure to give tax breaks for market towns
Finance Minister Michael Noonan is coming under...
Garda chief to explain why Dáil protests descended into chaos
Garda Commissioner Nóirín...
Dail protest: Politician who organised protest condemns 'throwing of objects and conduct in that fashion'
McDonald denies SF row in her back yard
Kenny vows to unwind recession-era taxes
[TICON-A VIDEO] Garda chief summoned as protest descends into chaos
Chaotic scenes at Leinster House as protesters block Oireachtas members exit
Mary Lou categorically denies former Sinn Fein councillor's bullying claims
High Court issues significant judgment improving the entitlements of part-time teachers
A SIGNIFICANT judgment...
Couple who want to build a home and business in Dublin mountain foothills fail in High Court challenge to planning permission...
Man accused of fraudulently claiming €158,000 in pension payments for his mother after she died is sent...
Trial of 'largest facilitator of child porn in the world' to resume in three weeks
Changes made to Sean FitzPatrick's bank account after it was closed, trial hears
Trial date set for medics charged over death of woman who travelled from Ireland to UK for abortion
Convicted robber on bail attacked two brothers after calling one a 'culchie'
Damages of €140k for woman who had vaginal swab left inside her for almost three weeks
Irish actress helped mastermind tax scam for 'Landscape of Lies' movie that never happened
It's time to accept that alcoholism is not a disease
It's that time of the year again - the sun had finally decided to show its face...
Medical card GPs must see U6s for free out-of-hours
GPs with a panel of medical card patients cannot charge fees to see a child under...
Swimmers warned of E.coli threat in Dublin coastal town
Residents in a coastal town have been told it will be...
Varadkar considers private funds for two new maternity hospitals
Suicide risk led to three abortions last year
'Firetrap' disability unit to get €100,000 funding
26 terminations under Protection of Life During Pregnancy Act
Residential facility to be closed following court order secured by HIQA
Physios in fear for patients over plans to move unit to old facility on far side of city
Primary teachers accept Lansdowne Road pay deal
Primary school teachers have voted 65-35 in favour of the Lansdowne Road...
Investigation launched after teacher seen 'marking Leaving Cert papers on train'
A probe is under way...
Primary teachers accept Lansdowne Road agreement on pay
PRIMARY school teachers have accepted the Lansdowne...