Local Election: Share of Elected Seats
Areas reported: 136 of 137
Voter Turnout: 52% (in reported areas)
Seats Left to be Filled: 6
Election 2014 on Twitter
County by County Updates
- Thomas Byrne could seek recount if battle with Pat The Cope gets tight
- Independent Diarmuid O’Flynn eliminated from Ireland South race...
- Sitting MEP Phil Prendergast loses her seat
- Sitting MEP Jim Higgins eliminated from Midlands North West count
- Fingal County council: Final counts filled overnight
- Wexford Electoral area: Browne & Carthy Elections transform count...
- Ireland Midlands North-West update: first count expected at 3pm
- Mayo latest: Mayo recounts underway
- Limerick County Council latest: FG cllr takes fourth last seat
- Fingal County Council: Recount underway for Swords ward
- Count finishes for Donegal County Council - FF remains biggest party
- Kildare County Council count finishes - 12 FF, 9 FG, 9 Ind, 5 Lab, 5SF
- Latest from Longford: Recount called after sixth count in Granard ward
- Limerick: Former FF National Executive member who failed to secure party...
- Sligo: Final result in Sligo electoral area
- Mayo: Second area completes count
- Donegal: Marathon count for Letterkenny heads for midnight
Count Centre Explained
Election 2014: Latest News
Burton begins push by targeting 'high earners'
JOAN Burton has appealed to Labour members by suggesting she will clamp down on tax breaks for high earners if elected leader
Standing room only as candidates fight for space on plinth
DEPUTY leader candidates...
Why suddenly all is changed, changed utterly, on the contentious issue of medical cards
County by County Updates
- Limerick: Counting finally begins in Adare Rathkeale electoral area
- Sligo: Second recount starts in Ballymote/Tubbercurry
- Kilkenny: Recount to take place tomorrow for Castlecomer Electoral...
- Limerick: Third AAA candidate elected
- Carlow: How the 2009 electorate voted
- Limerick: Recount underway in one of Limerick's six electoral areas
- Carlow: Election count comes to a close
- Donegal: Difficult day for Fine Gael in the Glenties
- Donegal: Six seats filled in Stranorlar Electoral Area
- Kerry: Sinn Fein win another seat on county council
- Kildare: O'Rourke (FF) first and only candidate elected in Celbridge...
- Donegal: Councillor investigated for double expenses claims loses seat
- Roscommon: Fianna Fail bounce back
- Letterkenny: First count summary
- Limerick: New political landscape much younger and diverse
- Monaghan: Fine Gael take a serious hit
- Waterford: Wyse become's one of the country's youngest new councillors
Boxer dog used as 'bait' in illegal fights
Animal rescue workers fear a boxer dog was used as "bait" in illegal...
Gardai policing protest at President school visit subjected to online threats
Some gardai involved in policing a controversial...
Man fighting for life after being shot in the head while waiting for Chinese takeaway
A man is fighting for his...
City centre home could be yours for just €95,000
SIPTU to campaign for 5pc pay increases across economy
[TICON-A VIDEO] UK police investigating Roy Keane road rage claim
Man shot at fast food restaurant in Belfast
Man to appear in court charged in relation to four fires in one day
Gardai appeal for public’s help in search for Elizabeth Clarke - who has been missing for two years
New Greek leader may yet ruin Fine Gael and Labour plans
Although Irish elections can be unpredictable, no-one...
Attack on democracy: Cabinet's security reviewed
Security for the Taoiseach, Tanaiste and Cabinet ministers has been increased...
Ceann Comhairle Barrett now facing a three-pronged threat in Dail
Ceann Comhairle Sean Barrett is facing a three-pronged attack by the Opposition which will put his ongoing tenure in the post in...
Sinn Fein not answer to new National Question
FG family at war in race for Big Phil's vacant seat
IRA smugglers behind Aussie cigarette racket
Smurfit warns Government on risks around selling Aer Lingus
"Take the f***er out": the new sound of Irish protest
[TICON-A VIDEO] President 'parasite' protester wants nothing to do with Irish politics
Mother who gouged pal's face with nails avoids jail
A CARER who gouged a former friend's face with her nails and threatened to blind...
Rare laughter punctuates a week of heavy silence
THE quick-witted quip by prosecutor Sean Guerin SC brought a rare moment of...
Man posed as teen girl on Facebook to get 13-year-old boy to expose himself over web cam, court hears
Man convicted of murder of father-of-six in front of his wife and children fails in his latest appeal
Three bookmakers awarded between €23,000 and €48,000 for loss of bookie slots at racecourse
Woman (32) who was attacked by 'vicious' Great Dane settles damages claim
Former sports coach jailed over sexual abuse of two teen boys and possession of large amount of child porn
Getaway 'wheelman' disqualified 11 times from driving before cash van robbery attempt
Man (43) jailed for harassing girl (13) with hundreds of 'menacing texts' and graphic pictures
Extension of breast scan plan to take six years
The extension of free breast cancer screening to women aged 65-69 years will take...
Just one large glass of wine a day can boost stroke risk for middle-aged by 33pc
Middle-aged drinkers who...
Honey and lemon 'as good as cough mix'
THERE is no substantial evidence that expensive over-the-counter medicines are...
Potentially lethal form of food poisoning surges to highest level ever here
Long waiting lists push health service down to 22nd in Europe
Leo favours lifting ban on gay men giving blood
Irish scientists develop €13 blood test which can detect heart attacks almost instantly
Small changes in lifestyle could be the solution to night terrors - sleep expert
Four dead from flu but spread of virus stable
Clock is ticking down on CAO application boom
The maths are simple - CAO points will rocket if we don't provide more college...
Marathon talks on Junior Cert row continue
Marathon talks to try resolve the dispute over Junior Cert reform are set to continue...
College places shortage looms unless new funding system found
Thousands of school-leavers will face a dramatic...