Comment and Analysis
Comment and Analysis
Renua takes chunk out of Fine Gael support
Lucinda Creighton's Renua put a huge dent in Fine Gael's support at the Carlow/Kilkenny by-election.
Standing room only as candidates fight for space on plinth
DEPUTY leader candidates are like double-decker buses – one hangs around in the...
Arthur Spring says he is 'considering' running for Labour leader
One of the eight Labour party members who supported a motion of ‘no confidence’ in...
Fledgling councillors trained for new posts
PHIL Hogan, pictured, was blessed among women yesterday as he turned up for a "masterclass in effective negotiation".
Dr Theresa Reidy: We need an Electoral Commission urgently
The polls closed at 10pm on Friday and days later, the counting of votes still has not come to an end.
FG's Fayne takes last seat after 118 hours
THE last count of the local elections finally ended 118 hours after poll closed.
Recheck on 5,000 votes to decide winner of last seat in local elections
THE battle for the last seat in these local elections will be decided by a recheck on some 5,000 votes in the Dun Laoghaire local electoral area.
Sinn Fein's newest MEP says party will not let down its voters
He described his election as a vote against austerity
Election 2014 on Twitter
County by County Updates
- Thomas Byrne could seek recount if battle with Pat The Cope gets tight
- Independent Diarmuid O’Flynn eliminated from Ireland South race...
- Sitting MEP Phil Prendergast loses her seat
- Sitting MEP Jim Higgins eliminated from Midlands North West count
- Fingal County council: Final counts filled overnight
- Wexford Electoral area: Browne & Carthy Elections transform count...
- Ireland Midlands North-West update: first count expected at 3pm
- Mayo latest: Mayo recounts underway
- Limerick County Council latest: FG cllr takes fourth last seat
- Fingal County Council: Recount underway for Swords ward
- Count finishes for Donegal County Council - FF remains biggest party
- Kildare County Council count finishes - 12 FF, 9 FG, 9 Ind, 5 Lab, 5SF
- Latest from Longford: Recount called after sixth count in Granard ward
- Limerick: Former FF National Executive member who failed to secure party...
- Sligo: Final result in Sligo electoral area
- Mayo: Second area completes count
- Donegal: Marathon count for Letterkenny heads for midnight