Your Essential Guide to the Leaving Cert Results
Don't miss our special LC & CAO supplements in the Irish Independent
Published 12/08/2016 | 11:21
For more than 58,000 students the next couple of days are amongst the most important for their lives.
As they await their Leaving Cert results, in Wednesday’s Irish Independent we give parents and students everything needed to get through the days ahead.
The first of three special Leaving Cert and CAO supplements, this guide will be packed with essential information and advice regarding rechecks, second-chance maths exams, repeating the Leaving Cert and options both inside and outside the CAO, such as further education and the growing number of apprenticeship opportunities.
Plus we'll have full details of our free exam helpline and live blog where guidance counsellors will be on hand to answer your questions.
Our live blog will be available here.
Only in Wednesday’s Irish Independent.
Don't forget to also pick up our special "Going to College" supplement on Monday, August 22nd.
As usual, the Irish Independent will be there to offer a guiding hand to students and their parents following the CAO Round 1 offers.
A bumper, 28-page Irish Independent supplement, will have everything parents and students need to know about what happens next, such as:
- CAO procedures
- What do if you don’t get the CAO offer of choice
- What parents need to know about CAO offers day
- Examining the host of non-CAO options, including post Leaving Cert (PLC) courses, apprenticeships and repeating the Leaving Cert.
- How to deal with the transition to college.
- Accommodation options and student living
- Making the best of college life – developing good study habits and making friends
- Adrian Weckler’s gadget guide
- Recommended reads for all first years
As well as a CAO points guide for Level 6,7 and 8 courses for Round 1.
Finally, on Thursday September 1st, the Third of three special Leaving Cert and CAO supplements will give an in-depth look at the CAO Round 2 offers.
The Irish Independent .
Before you make up your mind, open it.