Exam 2016 helpline is open from 8am
Help is at hand for students or parents who have concerns about the next step to take. The National Parents' Council post-primary Leaving Cert./CAO helpline - 1800 265 165 - is open from 8am-7pm today and tomorrow, and from 8am-1pm on Wednesday to provide guidance and support around the many issues that can arise for school-leavers at this time.
The Helpline, sponsored by the Irish Independent, the Department of Education and Skills and eir, will be staffed by members of the Institute of Guidance Counsellors. A representative of the grants agency, Susi, will deal with queries about grants.
To complement the Helpline, Independent News and Media will run an interactive blog today from 7.30am: #indoexams2016 or email email@example.com.
THE OPENING HOURS OF HELPLINE 2016
Monday August 22 8am-7pm
Tuesday August 23 8am-7pm
Wednesday August 24 8am-1pm
- 6am, CAO Round One released online. Offers will also arrive in today’s post and by SMS.
- Deadline for return of applications to view Leaving Cert exam scripts.
- 12 noon CAO available places open for application.
Monday, August 29
- 5.15pm, Deadline for acceptance of Round One offer.
Wednesday, August 31
- UCAS — Remaining offer conditions must be met and process of Adjustment ends.
Thursday, September 1
- 6am, CAO Round 2 offers available online.
Friday and Saturday, September 2 & 3
- Exam scripts will be available in school for viewing by applicants.
Wednesday, Sep 7
- 5.15pm, Deadline for acceptance of Round 2 offers.
- Deadline for applications for Leaving Cert results appeals.
Tuesday, September 20
- 6pm, UCAS final deadline for 2016 entry.
- Results of Leaving Certificate appeals released.
Wednesday, October 19
- Final CAO offers are made