Saturday 3 December 2016

District Court confirms closure of Rostrevor home

Independent.ie reporters

Published 22/06/2011 | 18:00

HSE area manager David
Walsh at the entrance to Rostrevor
nursing home recently
HSE area manager David Walsh at the entrance to Rostrevor nursing home recently

The Dublin District Court has confirmed the closure of the controversial Rostrevor Nursing home in Dublin’s Rathgar.

  • Go To

The owners of the home said they would not object to the closure.



Granting the order, Judge Victor Blake said the action taken against the operation of the nursing home was a credit to Health Information and Quality Authority.



'”The elderly are among the most vulnerable in society,” he said.



“They have worked all of their lives and have contributed to Ireland.



“We must protect them in their hour of need.”



Judge Blake added he had been completely satisfied based on the evidence offered by HIQA officials at the original application, that there had been a “risk to life” of elderly people living at Rostrevor.



He also ordered that the cancellation of the registration of the owners of the facility at Orwell Park in Rathgar.



Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News