Croke Park Deal (progress, or lack of it, on chief reforms)
Published 08/12/2010 | 05:00
Teachers and lecturers to work an extra hour a week:
- Deadline was start of last school year, but was missed. Deal expected with INTO by January, but other unions may have to ballot again.
New teaching contract in schools and colleges:
- Deadline was again for start of last school year, but still no agreement.
Abolition of 'bank time' in civil service:
- Deadline was last month. Agreement reached to stop practice from January 1.
Privilege days (two extra days off after bank holidays) to be 'reviewed':
- Will be 'reviewed' by February next year.
Local authority reform:
- Local authority managers' action plan sets later deadline for "modernisation of outdated work practice arrangements and allowances" of December next year.
Extended office opening hours in civil service:
- Office hours will change in Department of Social Protection, Department of Foreign Affairs, the Probation Service, and the Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government from next year.
HSE employees to work longer days:
- HSE has begun discussions with SIPTU on extended working day (Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm), but no agreement reached yet.
Community-based mental health service:
- Under plan, many health staff will be redeployed. However, key unions have yet to confirm their support.
Improved managerial performance:
- Deadline for civil service is this year. But action plan says this will not be achieved until 2011.
Centralisation of medical card services and reduction of ambulance control centres:
- Deadlines set for first quarter of next year for medical cards; final quarter of 2011 for ambulance control centres.