Monday 21 August 2017

Woman admits in court she took ex-partner’s smart phone and uploaded naked photos of him to his Facebook account

The man's solicitor told the court that friends of his informed him of the naked pictures of himself on his Facebook page.
The man's solicitor told the court that friends of his informed him of the naked pictures of himself on his Facebook page.

Gordon Deegan

A woman has admitted in court to taking her former partner’s smart phone and uploading naked photos of him to his own Facebook account.

In the case before a family law court here, the woman admitted that she took the phone from her ex-partner’s bedroom and posted the naked pictures of the man to his own Facebook page.

The woman made the admission during her unsuccessful application for a Safety Order against the man after telling the court that her ex-partner slapped her across the face at her home on November 18th last.

On behalf of the man, his solicitor told the court that friends of his informed him of the naked pictures of himself on his Facebook page.

She said that her client went to the Gardai but didn’t make a formal complaint because of who he suspected of uploading the photos.

In response to a question from the judge on the matter at the family law court, the woman admitted that she did take the phone and upload the photos.

In reply to the judge asking “you accept that you were the person responsible?” the woman replied ‘yes’.

The woman told the court that four months ago, the man’s behaviour totally changed and he became quite aggressive and punched holes on two walls of her home.

She said that her ex-boyfriend’s behaviour changed as a result of him taking drugs.

She said: “He was smoking weed and I saw messages on his phone that he was selling his Play Station to buy cocaine.”

She told the court that one night in November when the man was visiting her home to see their child, he turned around and slapped his ex-girlfriend in the face.

The woman told the court: “I am afraid for my safety and my child’s safety. That is why I am bringing the application today.”

The man’s solicitor said that the relationship between the two had been quite fractious all of the time they were together.

Asked was she ever violent towards her ex-boyfriend, the woman replied ‘no’.

The solicitor said that the man has received over 100 text messages from the woman since the alleged incident on November 18th taking up five pages of messages.

The solicitor told the court that the texts asked the man to ‘call me, call me’ repeated minute after minute.

The solicitor said that the man blocked his ex on Facebook and she wanted him to lift the block.

The solicitor said that she ready to put her own client into evidence.

However after hearing the woman’s case, the judge ended the case when he said: “I refuse the application as there is not sufficient evidence to meet the bar that is required in this case.”

Online Editors

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News