Withholding information charges to be brought in Alan Ryan murder probe
Published 15/01/2016 | 12:44
A PERSON is due to appear in court facing charges of withholding information in relation to the death of dissident republican Alan Ryan next month.
A file in relation Mr Ryan’s death was sent to the DPP last October, an inquest into his death heard.
Ryan (32), from Grange Abbey Drive in Donaghmede, Dublin 13, was shot dead at Grange Lodge Avenue, Clongriffin in north Dublin on September 3rd 2012.
He was a leading member of the Real IRA in Dublin and gardaí considered him a significant crime figure.
A solicitor for the Ryan family said inquest proceedings had now entered a fourth year ‘and we are essentially no further on.’ The inquest first opened in October 2012.
Members of the Ryan family had previously complained of ongoing delays in relation to the investigation.
Det Sgt Ken Keeling told Dublin Coroner’s Court that an additional file was to be sent to the DPP in relation to events surrounding Mr Ryan’s murder.
He said the person facing charges of withholding information was due in court on February 3.
The inquest was adjourned for further mention until April 15.