Two women sent to trial charged with murdering father-of-one
TWO women have been sent for trial charged with murdering a father-of-one who was found dead in his home in west Dublin.
Anna Marie Pezzillo (33) and Rachel Comiskey (34) both had books of evidence served on them when they appeared in Blanchardstown District Court this morning.
They are charged in connection with the death of Ian Quinn two years ago.
Judge David McHugh sent them forward for trial to the current sittings of the Central Criminal Court.
Ms Pezzillo, of no fixed address and Ms Comiskey, from Dodsboro Cottages, Lucan, are each charged with the murder of Mr Quinn (32) at an apartment at Block B, Annaly Grove, Ongar Dublin 15.
The murder is alleged to have taken place between May 30 and 31, 2014.
Today was their second court appearance after they were arrested and charged last month.
Judge David McHugh was told a book of evidence was ready to be served on both defendants.
He gave each woman the formal notice that they must provide any alibi details to the prosecution within 14 days.
He also ordered copies of their gardai interviews to be furnished to the defence.
Neither Ms Pezzillo, wearing a black and grey striped jumper and blue bottoms, or Ms Comiskey, dressed in a brown coat with cream coloured collar, black top and leggings, spoke during the brief proceedings.
Judge McHugh granted legal aid to cover both senior and junior counsel following applications by Matthew de Courcy solicitor, for Ms Pezzillo and solicitor Paul Byrne, representing Ms Comiskey.
He said he was making the order to cover two counsel “given that the charge is murder.”
Previously, Garda Paul Kirwan said Ms Pezzillo made no reply to the charge after caution. Detective Garda Sergeant Daniel Callaghan gave evidence of arrest, charge and caution in relation to Ms Comiskey.
She also made no reply to the charge.
The defendants have not yet indicated how they intend to plead to the charges.
Mr Quinn, who was originally from Donomore Park, Tallaght was found dead by gardai at his Ongar apartment at around 4am.
Emergency services were called to the scene. A subsequent inquest into Mr Quinn's death was opened in November 2014 but was adjourned while criminal proceedings take place.
Independent.ie Comments Facility
INM has taken the decision to remove the commenting facility on its online platform Independent.ie to minimise the legal risk to our business that arises from Ireland's draconian libel awards system.
We continue to look forward to receiving comments through direct email contact or via social media, some of which may still be featured on the website Independent.ie