Wednesday 7 December 2016

Twink faces fight to keep her luxury family home

Ray Managh and Ken Sweeney

Published 16/02/2010 | 05:00

Twink's house in Knocklyon, Dublin
Twink's house in Knocklyon, Dublin
Twink with her daughters Naomi (left) and Chloe

ADELE King, better known as Twink, could face the prospect of losing her family home after she was issued with repossession proceedings.

  • Go To

An application was yesterday lodged before a county registrar's court for the plush south Dublin house she owns with her ex-husband David Agnew.

Ms King, who still lives in the gated home with her two daughters, was not available to comment on the proceedings last night.

The application was lodged yesterday before Susan Ryan in the County Registrar's Court for Idrone House, Idrone Avenue, Knocklyon, which is being sought by Bank of Scotland.

Barrister Anne Lawlor told Ms Ryan the application could be adjourned for six weeks.



Negotiations

She said matters were progressing between the parties and statements of income and expenditure were being prepared to facilitate negotiations and assessment by the bank.

Speaking earlier this month on Brendan O'Connor's new Saturday night chat show, Twink revealed that she was embarking on an autobiography to raise funds to keep the home she shares with daughters Chloe (20) and Naomi (15).

"It's not that I particularly want to do it. I put off the offer for years.

"I tell you, it's a little matter of a costly divorce and trying to keep my house and I finally decided I would say yes," she said.

Moved

Mr Agnew moved out of the family home in 2004 after the couple ended their 21-year marriage.

In 2006, Ms King and her former husband were ordered to pay a joint judgment for €19,000 in Dublin Circuit Civil Court, after being sued by property firm Ballyview Builders, which carried out redevelopment work on their home in Knocklyon.

The builders were claiming for an unpaid debt of €26,577.

However, the court heard that the firm insisted there was no defence to the claim, although lawyers for Ms King and Mr Agnew claimed the money was not owed due to an incomplete snag list relating to the work.

The builder's barrister Conor Dignam told the hearing that the case could be struck out after a settlement of €19,000 had been agreed.

Irish Independent

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News