Friday 28 October 2016

Trial of siblings accused of murdering Thomas Horan (63) adjourned until next week

Alison O'Riordan

Published 09/10/2015 | 16:23

Gardai and forensic officers at the scene at Cambridge Court, Dublin.
Gardai and forensic officers at the scene at Cambridge Court, Dublin.

The trial of a brother and sister accused of murdering a 63 year old man at Ringsend last year has been adjourned at the Central Criminal Court until Monday.

  • Go To

Kenneth Cummins (28) and Sabrina Cummins (37), with an address at Ringsend Park, Dublin 4, have both pleaded not guilty (NOT) to murdering Thomas Horan (63) at Cambridge Court, Ringsend, Dublin 4 on January 6 2014.

Mr Justice Tony Hunt thanked the jury of seven women and five men for agreeing to serve for such a lengthy case which is potentially five weeks long.

“One thing I can do for you is to give you a substantial exemption from future jury services. Your experience of life and knowledge of the ways of the world qualifies you to serve on a jury where you are asked to return a verdict. The evidence is what you try the case on so put aside sympathies and prejudices and form your own opinions and judgements based on the evidence. Please don’t discuss the evidence and contents of the case you hear with anybody,” said Mr Justice Hunt.

The judge told the jury he will take the afternoon to look after legal matters and would see them at 11am on Monday morning.

Online Editors

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News