A MOTHER-of-three has sued because she says she slipped and fell on a wet floor while dancing in Dublin nightclub Copper Face Jacks.
Maria Creighton told the High Court it was " the most embarrassing experience of my life" when she fell at the club as she celebrated her 42nd birthday with friends.
The child minder fractured her wrist and she says she now can't do normal things and often drops items and finds it hard to lift her youngest child who is now six years.
Ms Creighton of Wainsfort Avenue, Terenure, Dublin, has sued Breanagh Catering trading as Copper Face Jacks as a result of the fall on August 31, 2009.
She claimed she slipped heavily on an allegedly wet floor as she danced with a female friend.
The club has denied the claims and contends Ms Creighton was wearing high heels, failed to report the accident immediately and remained on the premises for 27 minutes before leaving.
Last week, the High Court dismissed a similar action by another woman, Ciara O’Connell, (33) Glenview Park, Tallaght, Dublin
Mr Justice Sean Ryan said Ms O'Connell's fall in the Harcourt Street Club in August 2006 was an unfortunate accident but he could not find the sales representative's injuries were attributable to a slippery floor.
In her evidence to the court, Maria Creigton said she was dancing when the fall occurred.
"I went up in the air quite violently. I thought I was going to break my spine. I put out my hand to save my spine," she said.
She said she could not believe the pain afterwards and her clothes were quite wet. She had had only about two glasses of wine earlier with a meal with her friends.
Mr Justice Kevin Cross was shown CCTV footage of Ms Creighton dancing and falling.
She told the judge she was embarrassed and her bottom was wet after the fall. Her sister later brought her to hospital . She said she did not wear high heels and was wearing a flat wedge boots on the night.
Counsel for Copper Face Jacks put to to Ms Creighton she was dancing vigorously but the witness said she was just dancing.
Counsel said in the footage Ms Creighton was clearly laughing and enjoying herself after the fall.
Witness said she was embarrassed and in shock and her friend who did not realise what had happened to her was trying to get her to dance and she was telling her she did not want to dance.
She said she felt the floor was wet.
Roberta Smyth, Ms Creighton's sister, told the court there was a "like a film of slippy wet " on the floor.
She said the bar was "chockablock" that night and everybody put their drinks on a ledge around the dance floor.
Nightclub general manager Darren Power said the accident appeared to be "a dance move that went wrong."
The case resumes next Tuesday.