McFeely's exit from bankruptcy put on hold
Published 28/07/2015 | 02:30
PRIORY Hall developer Thomas McFeely will contest an application to extend his bankruptcy on grounds including alleged failure to disclose all his assets, the High Court has heard.
Mr McFeely (67) was adjudicated bankrupt in Ireland by the High Court in July 2012 and that bankruptcy is due to expire on Thursday.
However, the official administering the developer's bankruptcy, Chris Lehane, claims that the developer has not been co-operating and Mr Lehane has applied to the court to extend the bankruptcy by an additional five years. The matter was mentioned before Ms Justice Caroline Costello.
Edward Farrelly BL, for Mr Lehane, said his client wanted an order put in place preventing Mr McFeely's discharge from bankruptcy until the application to extend the bankruptcy had been heard and determined.
Lawyers for Mr McFeely told the court their client was contesting Mr Lehane's application and wanted the matter heard as soon as possible.
The judge said she was satisfied to make an order preventing Mr McFeely from exiting bankruptcy until the motion was heard and adjourned the matter to a date in October.