Man breaks wrist during alleged brawl in fast-food restaurant
A father-of-one has been accused of pushing a customer at a fast-food restaurant to the ground, causing him to break his wrist, after the alleged victim accused him of stealing his wallet.
Saed Essabry (30) and a second man were confronted by the victim when the alleged incident happened.
Mr Essabry had the case against him adjourned at Dublin District Court.
The accused, a butcher, of Berkeley Road, Phibsboro, is charged with assault causing harm to a man at Burger King, Grafton Street, on August 17, 2013.
Outlining the prosecution's case, Sgt Zita Woods said the alleged victim was in the queue for food at 3.40am when he allegedly had his wallet taken.
When he noticed it was missing, he confronted the defendant, who was in the company of another man at the time.
As he tried to block their exit, the accused allegedly pushed him in the chest.
The alleged victim fell to the ground, fracturing a bone in his wrist.
The court heard the man had been off work for a week following the incident and also suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder.
Judge John O'Neill said that although he had read a psychiatric report, he was "concentrating on the physical aspect of the injury".
He accepted jurisdiction to deal with the case. This means it can be heard at district court level instead of being sent to Dublin Circuit Criminal Court, which has greater potential sentencing powers on conviction.
Defence solicitor Caroline Egan said that she was seeking full disclosure of prosecution documents and CCTV evidence.
Sergeant Woods said that CCTV evidence was available.
The defendant was remanded on continuing bail to appear in court again on a date next month.
The accused has not yet indicated how he intends to plead.