Key issues facing the Anglo jurors
The prosecution claimed there are FOUR QUESTIONS the jury must consider:
* Was there lending?
* Was that lending, beyond a reasonable doubt, not lending in the ordinary course of business?
* If yes, did any or each of the accused authorise it or permit it?
* Or is there a reasonable doubt they took all reasonable steps to prevent the lending?And five issues they should ignore:
AND FIVE ISSUES THEY SHOULD IGNORE:
* Whether or not the regulator approved, encouraged, permitted or was conformable with the borrowings.
* Why no one else involved in the transaction was prosecuted or granted immunity for giving evidence.
* Any issues around legal advice being obtained.
* The role global investment bank Morgan Stanley had in the transaction.
* Whether or not they had a genuine belief the bank would collapse without the loan-for-shares deal.