Jury sworn in for trial of Italian man accused of Castleknock murder
Published 27/07/2015 | 12:54
A jury has been sworn in for the trial of an Italian man accused of murdering a man in Castleknock last year.
Saverio Bellante (36) with an address at Beech Park Avenue, Castleknock, Dublin 15 is charged with murdering Thomas O'Gorman at an unknown time between January 11 2014 and January 12 2014 at the above address.
Today at the Central Criminal Court Mr Bellante pleaded not guilty to murdering Mr O'Gorman.
This morning Mr Justice Patrick McCarthy told the jury of seven men and five women the trial is expected to last two days and it cannot start before Thursday morning before his colleague Ms Justice Margaret Heneghan.
"You will hear medical evidence and a limited number of garda witnesses. A gentlemen named Mr Brendan Gallagher will be called to give evidence, he is a civilian, not a garda or medical expert," said the judge.