Grandfather (95) gets court injunction banning grandson from his home after he claims he was beaten by him
A judge has extended an injunction restraining a 32-year-old man from remaining in or living at the home of his 95-year-old grandfather, who has claimed he was beaten up by his grandson three months ago.
Circuit Court President Mr Justice Raymond Groarke heard that David Crowe, with an address at Bath Avenue, Sandymount, Dublin, was in fear of living at his home following the alleged assault.
Barrister Gráinne Lee said Mr Crowe had been detained in hospital for a week and had spent a month in a nursing home.
In an affidavit Mr Crowe claimed he had been beaten by his grandson, Joseph Crowe, in October 2013.
Ms Lee told the Circuit Civil Court earlier today that Mr Crowe senior was seeking an extension to a temporary restraining order granted last Friday against his grandson who had been living with him at the time of the alleged incident.
Mr Crowe senior had claimed in court last week that on October 16, 2013, he had been dragged off his couch, pushed to the floor and kicked and punched by his grandson.
He stated he had suffered extensive bruising and a laceration to his face and had lost a lot of blood. He had been discharged from the nursing home on November 21 last.
Neither of the Crowes were in court today for the brief application. Last week’s injunction was granted ex parte, in the absence of Mr Crowe junior.
Judge Groarke extended until March 7 the temporary injunction which also restrained the grandson from molesting or putting his grandfather in fear or using or threatening to use violence against him.