Wednesday 28 September 2016

Former city councillor admits hoax calls in court

Published 04/03/2016 | 02:30

Former Sinn Féin and Labour Dublin City Councillor Killian Forde (pictured in 2010) Photo: Gareth Chaney Collins
Former Sinn Féin and Labour Dublin City Councillor Killian Forde (pictured in 2010) Photo: Gareth Chaney Collins

A former Sinn Féin and Labour Dublin City Councillor has pleaded guilty in court to making hoax telephone calls.

  • Go To

Killian Forde was a councillor with Sinn Féin from 2004 to 2010 before switching to Labour. He resigned his seat a year later and was appointed chief executive of the Integration Centre.

Forde yesterday appeared before Judge Bridget Reilly in Tallaght District Court after arranging with a garda to come to court. He said he had been working in Sierra Leone and had not received the summons.

He is charged with making a hoax telephone call between October 6 and October 7, 2014, at an address at Russell Crescent, Tallaght, and another at an address at Homelawn Drive, Tallaght, on October 7, 2014, contrary to Section 13(1) of the Post Office (Amendment) Act, 1951.

The 45-year-old, with addresses at Cardonagh Park, Donaghmede, and Sutton Park, Sutton, said he was pleading guilty.

He refused the judge's offer of legal aid and said he wanted to deal with the case by himself, despite telling the judge he is not working at the moment.

The case was adjourned for a month.

Irish Independent

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News