EXTRACTS FROM THE VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENTS
"What can a daddy do to protect this princess beauty? Are we lost to evil?"
Published 04/03/2014 | 02:30
– Lines from a poem written by the father of the six-year-old girl.
"IT WAS LIKE A BOMB GOING OFF IN OUR EARS."
– The father of the six-year-old girl describes how he and his wife felt when their daughter told them of the attacks.
"WE LIVE DAILY AND NIGHTLY WITH THIS NEW WORLD CREATED BY THIS MAN, IT'S SO UNFAIR."
– The father of the nine-year-old breaks down during his testimony.
"I TOLD MY DAUGHTER I LOVED HER AND IT WASN'T HER FAULT, AND SHE WAS SO BRAVE FOR ESCAPING."
– The mother of the nine-year-old girl explains how she has tried to comfort her daughter.
"HER DIGNITY AND BRAVERY TAKES MY BREATH AWAY."
– The father of the nine-year-old girl pays tribute to his daughter.
"HE MADE A COLD PREDATORY DECISION TO RAPE MY DAUGHTER. HE MADE HER BELIEVE IN HER LITTLE HEART THAT SHE WOULD DIE IF SHE DIDN'T COMPLY. HE GRATIFIED HIMSELF ON THE BODY OF AN INNOCENT CHILD".
– The mother of the six-year-old girl explains that she feels she is living in a nightmare that she can't wake up from.
Irish IndependentFollow @Independent_ie