Thursday 29 September 2016

Dispute over O'Connell street hotel resolved

Tim Healy

Published 28/04/2016 | 20:26

The 21 staff employed at the hotel are to be made redundant on August 1. Stock Image
The 21 staff employed at the hotel are to be made redundant on August 1. Stock Image

A DISPUTE between the operator of a Dublin city centre hotel and a receiver over possession of the premises has been resolved, the High Court heard.

  • Go To

Lynams Hotel, Upper O'Connell Street, is to be handed over to the receiver on August 1 next under the agreement.

The 21 staff employed there are to be made redundant on that date, Mr Justice Paul Gilligan was told.

The hotel has been run by Theresa Andreucetti since 2008 under a lease she entered into with the hotel's landlords.

Earlier this month she secured a temporary High Court injunction allowing her retain possession of the premises.

She went to court after agents for receiver, Aiden Murphy, entered the hotel and told staff he was taking possession because Ms Andreucetti had failed to pay some €528,000 in arrears of rent.

The hotelier denied arrears were owed and contended the receiver was not entitled to possession.

Mr Murphy was appointed receiver by NAMA over assets of the landlords of the premises in September of last year.

When the case returned today, Mr Justice Gilligan was informed the parties had reached an agreement.

The matter will be mentioned before the court in July.

Online Editors

Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News