Curfew for teenage boy who admitted trespassing at national school
A TEENAGE boy has pleaded guilty to trespassing which was likely to cause fear at a national school in Dublin and was told he must obey a curfew as a condition of his bail.
The 16-year-old admitted today that he had trespassed at St Vincent's National School, on North William Street, on April 6 last.
Judge Eugene O'Kelly noted at the Dublin Children's Court that the boy was denying three related charges for engaging in a breach of the peace and failing to give a garda a correct name, at North William Street, on the day of the trespass and engaging in violent behaviour at Mountjoy Garda Station, also on April 6 last.
Defence counsel Aoife McNickle told the court that a guilty plea could be noted in relation to the trespassing offence and not guilty pleas to the remaining charges.
Judge O'Kelly remanded the boy, who was accompanied to his case by a family member, to appear again for a hearing of the case next month.
He noted that a 9pm to 9am curfew had been imposed by the court earlier. “There are bail conditions including a daily curfew and are to continue,” he said after he set the hearing date.