A 15-year old boy, who was found carrying a knife after he stole an iPhone in Dublin city-centre, has been remanded in continuing custody for another two weeks.
Two weeks ago, the Dublin Children's Court had agreed to a request from the boy's lawyer to ask for psychiatric, psychological, educational assessments of the teenager to be carried out in a youth detention centre.
Today Judge Michael Walsh ordered that the boy would stay in custody for the assessments to be completed. The teenager, who was accompanied to his hearing by his mother, will appear again on December 12.
Defence solicitor Gareth Noble said that after that date it was hoped the boy would be able to then engage with the Probation Service in the community.
The boy has pleaded guilty to stealing an iPhone worth €600 at Parnell Street on November 7 last. He also admitted a connected charge for possessing a knife, which he had on him when he was arrested at Hill Street, in Dublin city-centre.
Garda Tara Kearse had said earlier that the teenager has already broken bail terms set previously in relation to other charges.
The boy has also entered a guilty to plea to causing €500 worth of damages to a window during an incident at Harmonstown train station in Dublin on February 2 last.