News Courts

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Boy (15) denies going on tyre-slashing rampage in south Dublin suburb

Tom Tuite

Published 10/01/2013 | 15:21

  • Share

A 15-YEAR-OLD boy has denied claims he took taking part in a tyre-slashing rampage in a south Dublin suburb.

  • Share
  • Go To

The boy allegedly damaged tyres on 11 cars on a date in September last year.

He pleaded not guilty at the Dublin Children's Court to criminal damage charges. Judge Ann Ryan ordered that his hearing, during which 16 prosecution witnesses are to be called, will be on March 26 next. The boy, who is taking part in a training course, was accompanied to court by his parents.

At his first appearance at the juvenile court last month, Garda Paul Kelly had told Judge Ryan that when charged, the teenager replied: “I didn't do all them that's way too many, I only did one.”

Garda Kelly had said the case involved “11 cars having their tyres slashed”.

He had also said a couple of the cars had one tyre slashed “and the rest had two tyres done”.

As a condition of bail, the court has imposed a curfew on the teenager who must be in his home from 9 pm to 7am.

Read More

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News