News Irish News

Saturday 10 December 2016

Coastguard to resume search for missing fishermen in Cork after massive response from divers

Independent.ie reporters

Published 27/01/2012 | 17:09

THE IRISH Coastguard is set to resume its search for two missing fishermen off the coast Cork after overwhelming response from volunteer divers.

  • Go To

Following an appeal, divers have travelled from all around the country and Coastguard manager Declan Geoghegan said no further volunteers are necessary at the moment.



“We will be able to do a saturated search of the area this weekend," he said.



They now have the 48 divers needed for the intensive search off the waters between Adams rock, where the ship wreck lies, and Long Point, where most of the debris where the debris washed up.



It is now 13 days since the Tit Bonhomme sank claiming the lives of five of its six crew.



So far three bodies have been recovered.



Navy and gardaí are also on standby to help with the search.



Read More

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News