News Irish News

Thursday 29 June 2017

Classroom at Templemore Garda College goes up in flames after laptop reportedly combusted

Trainee Gardai at the Garda College, Templemore. Photo: Collins
Trainee Gardai at the Garda College, Templemore. Photo: Collins
Catherine Devine

Catherine Devine

A classroom at the Templemore Garda College went up in flames this morning after a heated laptop was reportedly left beside an aerosol can.

Gardai confirmed that fire services were called to the garda training college at approximately 11.30am this morning.

The fire was contained to one classroom, which was reportedly destroyed.

It's believed the fire was started after a switched on laptop was put in a bag near an aerosol can and it combusted.

No injuries were reported.

Online Editors

Promoted articles

Editor's Choice

Also in Irish News