Celebrity chef's restaurant reopens after closure order
Published 09/08/2016 | 02:30
Celebrity chef Dylan McGrath has said it's "business as usual" after the temporary closure of his Fade Street Social venue last month.
The TV chef has said that the one-day closure was the result of a plumbing issue that arose within the popular Dublin 2 eatery.
"It was a drainage issue. They were closed for a day but now it's back to business as usual," he said.
"It's all back to normal now. Business is really good."
The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) issued the order last month, resulting in the temporary closure of the venue on July 15.
As is standard procedure, the FSAI did not outline the exact reason for the closure in a statement released yesterday.
However, the three-storey venue was open again the following day after the problem was swiftly rectified and they issued an apology to customers for the inconvenience.
A spokesperson said they had "no alternative but to close on the Friday night" and thanked everyone for their patience.
The closure order imposed on Fade Street Social was one of five such orders served in July under the FSAI Act 1988.
The other venues hit by Closure Orders were in Cork; Cavan; Donegal and Dublin 8.
Closure orders can refer to the immediate closure of all or part of the food premises, or all or some of its activities.
Fade Street Social, which opened in December 2012, is one of south Dublin's busiest venues and is comprised of a Tapas bar, a more formal restaurant area, a cocktail bar and an outdoor balcony area.
It built up quite the celebrity following and among those who have passed through its doors are superstar Beyonce, who dined there after her 2014 gig.
Chart-toppers U2 also hosted the band's wrap party for their world tour there last December.
Meanwhile, Mr McGrath has confirmed that he won't be involved in the new instalment of Celebrity Masterchef.
However, he wished the programme makers the best of luck with the new version.
A previous hit for RTÉ, the culinary competition programme will now be made for TV3 after they bought the rights to the show.
Celebrities including Holly Carpenter, Simon Delaney and Olympia medallist Sonia O'Sullivan have all been mooted to take part.
The show, which was axed by RTÉ in 2014, has currently gone into pre-production.