Carbon monoxide tests prove negative in mystery death of man in his home
Published 07/03/2016 | 17:33
An investigation has been launched into the sudden death of a man in his Ballygally home, near Larne.
The man, thought to be aged in his 50s, was found dead in his Coast Road home on Sunday night.
The Fire Service were called as there were concerns carbon monoxide may have been to blame, however, their tests proved negative.
Several other people were checked over at the scene by the Ambulance Service.
Police said a post-mortem will be carried out to determine the cause of the man's death.
The Health and Safety Executive is investigating.
A spokeswoman said: "The Health and Safety Executive for Northern Ireland (HSENI) has been notified of a death at a property in the Larne area and is making enquiries. Our thoughts are with the family involved at this difficult time."