Buses back for Easter as strike is called off
An all-out Easter strike at Bus Eireann is set to be called off today.
The Labour Court will issue a recommendation to resolve the dispute by lunchtime.
However, buses will not be up and running immediately and may not be on the roads until Friday.
Sources said this was for operational reasons and batteries may need to be recharged after being out of action for so long.
Unions have told the court they will suspend industrial action when the recommendation is issued to ballot their members on the proposal that may end a row over payroll cuts.
General Secretary of the National Bus and Rail Union Dermot O'Leary said pickets would remain in place today.
Over 1,900 workers mounted pickets almost three weeks ago when Bus Éireann announced it would impose cuts to reduce its payroll bill by €12m.
The Labour Court intervened after a third set of talks aimed at resolving the bus dispute collapsed at the Workplace Relations Commission earlier this week.