Buble, Elton on way
Published 11/12/2012 | 05:00
SUPERSTAR Michael Buble has announced that he will perform five nights at the O2 in Dublin next July, while Elton John will headline the Live at the Marquee concert series in Cork. Tickets for the Buble gigs, scheduled for July 15, 16, 18, 19 and 20, are priced from €79.50 and will go on sale this Friday at 8am.
Elton John will lead a star-studded list of performers for the popular Cork concert series which runs from June 23 to July 6.
UN 'puts faith in us'
"It is a show of faith by the UN, both in our human rights infrastructure here at home and our role in the area of international human rights advocacy," he said at Dublin's Rotunda Hospital.
Probe's end in sight
THE investigation into the murder of a car dealer, which has gone on for more than four years, is expected to conclude within the month.
Dublin Coroner's Court heard that a number of lines of inquiry had yet to be completed in the garda probe into the death of 27-year-old Christopher McDonagh. He was shot dead at his home on the Woodavens estate in Ronanstown, west Dublin, on September 9, 2008.
Party for missing girl
THE heartbroken mother of missing Amy Fitzpatrick is organising a big 21st birthday bash for her daughter – even though she has all but lost hope of ever being reunited with her.
Audrey Fitzpatrick says she feels more convinced than ever that her only daughter is no longer alive and that she'll never see her again. But she says this won't stop her and Amy's stepfather, Dave Mahon, hosting a birthday party for her in Dublin on February 7, the date of her 21st. Dubliner Amy was just 15 when she was last seen walking home from a friend's house in Spain's Costa Del Sol on New Year's Day 2008.
Pile-up injures three
ONE person is recovering in hospital after suffering serious injuries in a three-car pile-up during rush-hour traffic. The incident happened when one of the cars collided with a white van, while a second car turned over on its side after crashing into a lamp post. A stretch of road on the busy Stillorgan dual carriageway was sealed off after the incident.
Gardai confirmed that three people had been taken to hospital with one suffering serious injuries. It is the third serious accident in three weeks on this stretch of road.