POTENTIAL home buyers will have to pay a €200 entry fee at all future Allsop property auctions.
The charge, which will be returned minus a €15 administration fee, is an attempt to deter a repeat of the angry protests which forced an auction to be postponed earlier this summer.
The payment is being imposed for the first time when 120 homes and premises go under the hammer next Tuesday at Dublin's RDS.
The firm's last auction was cancelled thanks to loud protests from a group that included TDs Michael Healy-Rae, Mattie McGrath and Tom Fleming.
It was alleged by the protesters that some of the properties had been brought to market without consultation with the owners and, in some cases, without their knowledge.
Among those to accuse Allsop Space of such practice was publican Simon Byrne, who said he was not consulted.
However, on Tuesday nobody will be admitted unless they have paid the deposit fee.
Director of auctions Robert Hoban admitted the protests had been a consideration in introducing the charge but added that there were also other factors involved.
"We didn't decide to cancel our last auction at the Shelbourne, we were advised by the security people at the venue to close it on health and safety grounds and we opted to accept that advice," he said.
"We have since had to review our auction process with such health and safety consideration in mind. We were having more than 2,000 people in attendance even though perhaps just 400 people were bidding and in some cases there has been overcrowding. It's also increasingly difficult to conduct an auction efficiently when there are that many people present. People can still come to watch if they like but they will have to register a deposit.
"For some motor auctions you have to pay €500 up front for admittance. Almost all that money is repaid afterwards. The idea is to ensure that those who want to bid are not crowded out by spectators," he said.
Mr Hoban said he believed July's protests were "aggressive" and "unfair".