Another school sends warning to parents over 'suspicious behaviour' by a man
Gardai are investigating an alleged incident where two secondary school girls were approached by a “suspicious man”.
The two girls were walking in the Blessington Road area in Naas when they were reportedly approached by a man at around 10pm on June 12.
St Mary’s College sent an email to parents informing them about the incident. It asked if anybody noticed anything suspicious to contact gardai and urged parents to be alert.
Local Fianna Fail Cllr Robert Power said: “Two transition year girls were approached by a man while walking. The man was said to be asking inappropriate questions. An email from the school was sent to parents asking them to be vigilant.
“I’m very shocked that something like that would happen here in Naas.”
Labour Cllr Anne Breen said the two girls were shopping in Tesco when the incident occurred. “The two girls believed to be sisters were aged 16 and 17-years-old. He approached the girls twice and was using inappropriate language.”
Last week two primary schools in South Dublin issued a warning to parents after a man attempted to abduct two children.
The two children were approached by a man in a dark car in separate incidents last week in Booterstown and Monkstown.
The primary schools both based in the nearby area of Shankill sent a text message to parents asking them to be “vigilant”.
The message read: "We have had reports of children being approached by a man in a dark car in the Shankill area. Please be vigilant."
Independent.ie Comments Facility
INM has taken the decision to remove the commenting facility on its online platform Independent.ie to minimise the legal risk to our business that arises from Ireland's draconian libel awards system.
We continue to look forward to receiving comments through direct email contact or via social media, some of which may still be featured on the website Independent.ie