5 things you didn't know about NAMA
1. NAMA has been in discussions with the HSE about converting some of the 87 Irish hotels it owns into nursing homes.
2. Developers who owe debts to NAMA could set up new property firms, and bid for properties being sold by NAMA at rock-bottom prices. However, they would not be allowed to buy back their own former assets.
3. NAMA is the owner of ghost estates across the country. It has not ruled out selling them for social housing
4. NAMA is planning to offer a small number of properties for sale soon to see if it can find what is "the floor in the market".
5. Four British consultants were initially paid €400-per hour for their work setting up NAMA -- or a total of €60,000 per week.