Be part of Ireland’s largest ever photographic record
Published 24/04/2016 | 11:30
As part of the Ireland 2016 Centenary Programme, on the actual anniversary of the start of the Rising 100 years ago, the Irish Independent and Independent.ie are inviting Irish people, at home and around the world, to capture this historic moment in time from 12 noon on Sunday, April 24th, to 12 noon on Monday, April 25th.
The most captivating images will appear in a commemorative magazine, which will be published inside every copy of the Irish Independent on Saturday May 7th. Plus, a wider selection of images will appear in a commemorative gallery on Independent.ie as a digital record for future generations.
Be part of this momentous occasion in our country’s history. We’re giving you as many ways as possible to send us your photographs from 12 noon on Sunday, April 24th, using the details below. Your moment, our history.
How you can submit your pictures
- Email your photo to email@example.com
- Upload directly to Independent.ie here
- Twitter #24hoursireland2016
- Instagram 24hoursireland2016
- Whatsapp 087-1847169
Or by post:
24 Hours in Ireland 2016,
PO Box 11,
27-32 Talbot St.,
Terms and conditions apply.
24 Hours in Ireland 2016 – Terms and Conditions
Photos should be compliant with our guidelines – you should only submit photos which are your own original work and which do not infringe upon the rights of any individual or organisation.
You will be held liable for any contributions including any text, photographs, graphics, video, audio or otherwise, which you submit to Independent News and Media.
You agree that your submissions:
• will not contain any unlawful or objectionable content, whether harassing, bullying, abusive, threatening, obscene, or otherwise objectionable
• will not contain any libellous or defamatory material, including, but not limited to, suggestions of inappropriate, underhanded, fraudulent or criminal behaviour; dishonesty, misconduct, or corruption; professional incompetence; contagious disease; sexual impropriety; or parental neglect
• will be civil and tasteful, not containing any foul or abusive language or attacks of a personal nature on other contributors or Independent News and Media staff
• will not use vulgar or offensive usernames
• will not repeatedly submit the same content or engage in other activities which may be construed as ‘spamming’
• will not impersonate any other persons
• will contain only material which is your own original work, not violating, plagiarising, or infringing the rights of any organisation including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
You acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause us damage or loss and you agree to indemnify us in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses.
By sharing any contribution with Independent News and Media, you agree to grant to Independent News and Media and Ireland 2016 and any other bodies involved, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for various reasons including operational, editorial and advertorial use).
Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
In order that your contribution can be used, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any Irish laws, that you have the right to give permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 16.
Comments posted in or containing languages other than Irish or English may be rejected.
There will be a delay before publication of your submission. Please do not re-send your submission.